My Best Friend’s Closet is a youth empowerment program at Making Changes. It provides teenage girls from low-income households with clothing and accessories to meet their school and recreational needs for the upcoming year—all at no cost to their families. My Best Friend’s Closet also provides valuable leadership and personal development opportunities to young women in the community who volunteer in the program. The young women act as peers or near-peers to the girls they support.
Each program participant will receive a one-on-one 90 minute consultation with a volunteer image stylist to find an assortment of fun and fashionable school and recreational pieces.
- My Best Friend’s Closet participants can be referred by community service agencies, pre-employment training programs, or educational institutions in Calgary and the surrounding area. Participants may self refer if they meet the appropriate criteria.
- Participants are allowed up to two visits total. Please check whether your client or student has been to My Best Friend’s Closet before making a referral.
- Participants must be between 12 and 18 years old and be experiencing financial barriers.
- If you are interested in referring a teen to My Best Friend’s Closet, please email email@example.com the girl’s first and last name and age.
- Saturday appointment times are 10:00 am, 11:30 am, 1:30 pm and 3:00 pm
- You will receive a confirmation email from us.
- Once the referral is processed, we will phone your client or student directly to book her appointment.