The Employment and Life Skills Program (ELS) is Making Changes Association’s foundational program. At its essence, this program is an empowerment process for immigrant women, increasing their personal power through participation so that they can take action to improve their circumstances.
The program offers a series of workshops that help immigrant women plan and prepare for their future in Canada. The training provided builds confidence and skills in the areas of career planning, communication, assertiveness, Canadian business culture and accessing community resources.
The ELS Program offers its participant an opportunity to :
- Increased their confidence
- Identify and learn to market their skills
- Share Information
- Learn about the Canadian business culture
- Learn where and how to start the job search
- Develop a plan to reach their goals
The program is offered free of charge and we offer free childcare for participants with children 6 months – 6 years old.
- This program offering at 1000 Voices is open to all Immigrant Women regardless of status: Permanent Resident or Convention Refugees, Refugee Claimant, Citizens and Work Permit.
- Participants must have a minimum Canadian language benchmark of 3 – 4
Program Dates and Registration
- Our next program will start on April 24th.
Mondays, April 24 – June 12, 2017 (every Monday for 7 weeks)
- Time: 9:30 am – 3:30 pm
- Location: 1000 Voices at the Genesis Centre of Community Wellness
7555 Falconridge Boulevard NE, Calgary, T3J 0C9
- To register for this program, email Elaine Lupul at email@example.com.
Number of Participants in 2015-2016
Participants are very satisfied with the program